ACSED QUICKNEWS #51, September, 2013
1. Officer Elections - The newly-elected officers are: Jake Johnson President, Robert Sifuentes Vice-President, Janet Fricke Recording Secretary, Lisa Brown Corresponding Secretary, Carolyn Bonkowski Treasurer, Les Treece-Sinclair Immediate Past President, Board Members at Large Laurie Hoirup and Michelle Ellenberger. Pat McPartland will continue as Legislative Consultant and representative on the Civil Rights Coalition.
2. ACSED Symposium and Job Fair - Was held on Tuesday, September 24, 2013. The day’s event includes workshops and a presentation by ACSED member, Eric Nelson - “How to Get A State Job”. Please reference the attachments for parking information and restaurants close to CalEPA facility.
3. ACES Awards: The awards ceremony will be on Dec 3 as part of the International Disability Day event sponsored by SDAC. This will be the ACES awards as well as the Ralph Black award and DAC of the year award.
4. Civil Rights Coalition – The coalition is trying to set up a meeting with Gina Forman at CALHR on the new ECOS system for State jobs. It was agreed that ACSED wants to be involved in this meeting. The coalition has a couple of upcoming events that ACSED may want to participate in.
5. Multiple ACSED Board members will attend the Governor’s Appointment Workshop meeting on September 18. At the time, Board members will decide to join the workgroup. An update will be provided in the 2014 Quicknews.
6. Progress continues with the State Personnel Board workgroup to update parts of the Merit System, including the LEAP program.
7. AB1062, CalHR omnibus bill. CalHR has agreed to amendments to this bill to address all of ACSED’s concerns, and amendments have been made.
The next ACED Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 12, 2013, from 12 p.m. until 1 p.m.
Teleconference information - Dial: (888) 232-3870