Save the Date: Wed May 7 ACSED Award Dinner
ACSED is having the ACSED 2014 Awards Dinner Celebration. There are three separate award categories honored this year: ACES Awards, DAC of the Year Awards and The Ralph Black Public Service Award. Please join ACSED in recognition of the award recipients. Joe Xavier, the new Director of the Department of Rehabilitation will be our keynote speaker for the evening.
What: ACSED 2014 Award Dinner Celebration
Where: Blue Prynt Restaurant
Location: 815 11th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Time: Wed May 7 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $30 per person
R.S.V.P. by Friday, May 2, 2014. If you have questions, please contact Carolyn Bonkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916)
1. ACSED continues to attend SPB/LEAP Workgroup meetings with State Personnel Board workgroup to review and update parts of the Merit System, including LEAP program.
2. ACSED sent a letter of support to the Legislature on restoring funds cut from Disabled Students Programs in the community colleges.
3. ACSED Legislation efforts: Provided input to State Personnel Board on SB 1206. Reviewing and analyzing new bills submitted for 2014.
4. There is a proposed ballot initiative requiring that IHSS providers obtain 75 hours of training and it would prohibit over time work and continuation of the budget issue cut of 7%. ACSED will track.
5. Parking plaques to remain non-limited and free parking for street parking. ACSED will follow this AB 2714 bill.
6. ACSED, CalHR and SPB will schedule another meeting soon regarding the Model Employer Initiative. Jake offered an invitation to those who are not involved to attend if they would like to get involved.
7. California Association for Postsecondary Education and Disability: Hearing on April 2 and April 24.
8. There was ACSED representation at the retirement event at Department of Rehabilitation for outgoing Director Tony Sauer.